ZVA ASSIGNMENTS AND TRAVEL
To our clients, colleagues and partner firms:
Like many companies, in 2020 Zimmerman/Volk Associates curtailed staff travel in support of the national effort to minimize the spread of Covid-19.
Nevertheless, assignments generally proceeded as planned with some optional schedule modifications which, based on client input, continue:
— Remote site and market analysis—using techniques ZVA has developed and refined over the past decade and especially during the past two pandemic years employing remote conferencing and virtual touring through tools like Google Maps, Street View, and Google Earth Pro historical imagery—is now the preferred approach. This speeds project initiation since the bottleneck of scheduling of ZVA principal travel is eliminated, and saves the client thousands of dollars of re-billed travel costs.
— ZVA principal travel for site and market analysis and meetings may still be scheduled when circumstances require.
Residential Market Analysis for Walkable Neighborhoods in the United States and Canada
A ZVA residential market study provides direction for planning, design, and policy decisions, and the revenue assumptions for a development pro forma.
A ZVA study establishes:
- Where the potential renters and buyers of new and existing housing units in a study area are currently living (the draw areas);
- How many households have the potential to move within and to the study area each year (depth and breadth of the market);
- Who the households are that represent the potential market for new and existing units in the study area (the target markets);
- What their range of affordability is, and what their housing preferences are in aggregate (income qualifications; rental or ownership, multi-family or single-family);
- What their current alternatives are (housing market context);
- What housing and unit types, unit sizes and configurations, and market-entry base rents/prices match the target households’ housing preferences and financial capabilities (the optimum market position); and
- How quickly the new units will lease or sell (absorption forecasts).