What We Do
A ZVA residential market study provides direction for planning, design, and policy decisions, and the revenue assumptions for a development pro forma.
A ZVA study establishes:
- Where the potential renters and buyers of new and existing housing units in a study area are currently living (the draw areas);
- How many households have the potential to move within and to the study area each year (depth and breadth of the market);
- Who the households are that represent the potential market for new and existing units in the study area (the target markets);
- What their range of affordability is, and what their housing preferences are in aggregate (income qualifications; rental or ownership, multi-family or single-family);
- What their current alternatives are (housing market context);
- What housing and unit types, unit sizes and configurations, and market-entry base rents/prices match the target households’ housing preferences and financial capabilities (the optimum market position); and
- How quickly the new units will lease or sell (absorption forecasts).